ADM #360 McPherson College Rental and Space Use Policy
McPherson College is a vibrant community of persons from diverse faiths and cultural backgrounds committed to its mission: To develop whole persons through scholarship, participation and service. Our campus spaces and facilities contribute to that mission primarily in service to our current students, faculty, and staff. When we are approached by outside groups and constituents about hosting events on campus, we will use the following guidelines to prioritize availability of our campus spaces.
Requests for group rental will be handled on a case-by-case basis through the constituent relations office with input from facilities management and leadership from requested on-campus spaces.
- Current students and college-sponsored activities have priority of use for all campus spaces. The college can restrict or deny use to outside constituencies if that rental could detract from serving our current student population or interfere with the college schedule, calendar, mission, or policy.
- The campus gives preference to non-profit organizations.
- All renting parties will complete and sign a standard resource-use contract and fees agreement. The rental is only secured if signed by both the renting party and a representative from the office of constituent relations.
- All renting parties must follow the policies and guidelines outlined on the resource-use contract and fees agreement. This agreement, among other policies, includes a clear statement that alcohol is strictly prohibited on the McPherson College campus.
- All renting parties must file proof of liability insurance with the office of constituent relations, which will relay that proof to the business office.
- Cost of space rentals will follow guidelines found within this policy.
- All final decisions about spaces use by outside groups will be left to the discretion of campus administration.
Any request for group rentals that includes athletic facility use in a non-athletic capacity will work through the office of constituent relations for that rental, following the reservation guidelines in this policy. Athletic facility rental for athletic competitions will be coordinated through the athletics office.
Denial of Facilities:
McPherson College reserves the right to deny use of facilities to any individual or group, dependent upon time and space availability. The campus does not host private weddings, birthdays, funerals, or other social parties.
- Faculty and staff on-campus space use requests for personal gatherings will be considered, and reservations granted, on a case-by-case basis. They must obtain permission from their supervisor and then from the facilities office before planning their event on campus.
- All faculty and staff intending to rent campus facilities will complete and sign a standard resource-use contract and fees agreement. The rental is only secured if signed by both the renting party and a representative from the office of constituent relations.
- All faculty and staff intending to rent campus facilities must file proof of liability insurance with the office of constituent relations, which will relay that proof to the business office.
|Campus Space||Length of rental||General Cost||Cost
after Non-Profit Discount
|Cost to Faculty/Staff|
|Mingenback Theater||4 hours||$500.00||$200.00||$100.00|
|Mingenback Theater||Full Day||$1,200.00||$500.00||$250.00|
|Miller Library||4 hours||$500.00||$200.00||$100.00|
|Miller Library||Full Day||$1,200.00||$500.00||$250.00|
|Residence Hall Rooms||Overnight||$50.00
per room / per night
per room / per night
|Specific Athletic Facility||1 Hour||$250.00||$100.00||$50.00|
|Specific Athletic Facility||Full Day||$2,500.00||$1,000.00||$500.00|
|Multi Space Use||Full Day||$4,000.00||$1,600.00||$800.00|
- This policy will be reviewed semi-annually by the office of constituent relations in conjunction with the Vice President for Advancement and the facilities department.